UDIO Systems Pty Ltd – Charges for SMS
The following terms and conditions apply (together with UDIO Systems Pty Ltd’s Terms of Service) to your purchase of SMS prepurchase credits (Credits) and use of Credits.
1. Purchase of Credits
Credits must be purchased online via your Udio account, in Settings – Account – Udio Account - in blocks of 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000, 3000, 5000 or 10000 Credits.
Each Credit = 10c., for example, 50 Credits will cost $5.00.
2. Payment for SMS: Calculation of charges and Use of Credits
Credits can only be used for SMS within UDIO Systems Pty Ltd (“Udio”).
Each SMS is charged on a length basis. The length of an SMS is determined by the number of parts within that SMS. The number of parts within that SMS is determined by the content of that SMS.
Each SMS is charged to you and paid for by you by an adjustment to your Credit balance that is made by Udio. The rate of charge and payment is 1 Credit for each 1 part of each SMS instructed.
Each SMS may cost more than 1 Credit depending on the number of parts within the SMS. One Credit equals one part of an SMS.
Each part of an SMS, and the number of parts within an SMS, is determined by the mobile operator through which the SMS is sent.
In calculating the number of parts within an SMS:
- the term “characters” means every visible and non-visible symbol including spaces;
- the content of the characters directly impacts how the part is calculated;
- if the whole message contains only English characters and simple symbols — each part can contain up to 160 characters;
- if in any part of the message there are non-English characters or special symbols — each part can contain up to 80 characters. By way of example, special symbols may include letters with dots or dashes above them, non-English letters, special quotes, mathematical characters, typographic, non-breakable space from Microsoft Word, some special line breaks;
- if in any part of the message there are emojis or hieroglyphs (from Japanese, Chinese, Korean or similar languages) — each part can contain up to 40 characters.
To avoid accidentally creating SMS with multiple parts, consider minimising the use of special characters and avoid copying and pasting a text message from word processing applications such as Microsoft Word, Apple Pages and Google Docs. The copying and pasting of a text message from such applications may result in formatting that dramatically reduces the allowed number of characters in each message part.
UDIO will apply your Credits in payment for the SMS that you instruct as follows:
- when you instruct an SMS to be sent Udio will deduct Credits from your Credit balance at the rate of 1 Credit per each estimated 1 part of each SMS. (When you instruct an SMS to be sent Udio estimates the number of parts within each SMS and then deducts the Credits from your account balance); and
- After transmission, when the actual number of parts within an SMS is actually identified (usually within 48 hours of transmission), Udio may further adjust your Credit balance to reflect the actual number of parts within each SMS that you instructed. The actual number of parts within an SMS can be higher than Udio has estimated, or, in rare cases, lower.